Categories:

‘Nunsense’ to Premiere Today

A whirlwind of comedy and action packed ‘Nunsense’ scenes
English Professor Lana Whited sets her scene across stage.
Bob Pohlad

Five nuns, one purpose.

All for their fallen coven sisters. The question of how to pay for their afterlife expenses.

Nunsense begins in the Sale Theatre on campus this afternoon with their opening performance at 2 p.m.

This comedy show is packed with humor and sisters of the coven coming together in a time of grave need.

They all get together and fundraise for this glorious cause.

Nunsense is directed by Rex Stephenson. The play was written in 1985 and has been at Ferrum serval times.

“This is one of the serval times we have shown Nunsense at Ferrum,” says Theatre Arts Professor and Assistant Director Rebecca Crocker.

This is a special show, says Crocker. Nunsense is a Theater production that is a part of The Blue Ridge Dinner Theater. The Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday showings will have a dinner option, with Friday being the exception.

“Seeing the people come to the theatres for not only dinner but smiles and happy faces is something I enjoy deeply,” says Crocker.

Crocker says that the production has been in the works since before August, and the work that has been put into this show goes way past a month of prep. The practices have been having every night working towards the final day.

The Theatre Department has partnered in the past for catering with Aladdin but now is using Metz Dinning Services for food catering.

Ferrum College has beenĀ  involved with the Blue Ridge Dinner Theater for a while now. They took a pause for a couple of years but in 2023 restarted it with the showing of Treasure Island.

But as the days dwindle down until the premier of Nunsense, the preparation only increases for the staff and cast members of the show.

TJ Baker was cast for that play, but this time is in a different spot.

“I have found myself in a smaller role, where yes, it’s a lot of work and dedication, but now I’m able to help out with chorography and vocals,” says Baker.

Some people that will be a massive part of the play, include Professors Lana Whited and Emily Blankenship-Tucker, Alums Kristina Stump and Baker, Pianist Fair Robey, and student Jalaiyah Moore.

“This is the largest load, but it has been fun working with all the people that I know and some that I don’t know,” says Baker. “I’m really excited to see the final product”.

As the time to curtain call comes, Crocker says she is ready for the show.

“I am excited for folks to all come out and enjoy the production of Nunsense with all the hard work that the cast and crew have put in the play,” she says.