Categories:

Chaffin, Lee Attain Athlete of the Week Honors

Junior Kenzee Chaffin was awarded Ferrum's female athlete of the week.
Junior Kenzee Chaffin was awarded Ferrum’s female athlete of the week.
Courtesy of Ferrum Student-Athlete Advisory Commitee
Jahylen Lee, sophomore, was named Ferrum’s Male Athlete of the Week (Courtesy of Ferrum Student-Athlete Advisory Commitee)

Junior, Kenzee Chaffin and sophomore, Jahylen Lee have been named Female and Male Athletes of the Week for Oct. 1-8.

Chaffin and Lee both have been showcasing standout performances for their teams.

Chaffin played a pivotal role in the three consecutive road victories for the Panthers.

Chaffin recorded 11 kills, 4 aces, 8 blocks, and 9 assists against Toccoa Falls, and she added 11 assists and 7 kills versus Agnes Scott.

Her consistency played a major role in her team’s success.

Chaffin reflected on her achievement.

“I feel great about it, it’s been one of my goals and it made me happy to achieve the award. I definitely couldn’t have gotten it without my coaches or teammates alongside me,” she said.

On the football field, Lee showcased his versatility in a matchup against Bridgewater College.

Lee tallied 14 rushing attempts for 45 yards, along with 4 catches for 61 yards and a touchdown. Despite the team’s loss, Lee’s performance stood out.

Lee, who has already been recognized as ODAC Offensive Player of the Week earlier in the football season, expressed his gratitude for the award.

“Despite the upset game that happened Saturday, I’m grateful and blessed to have gotten this award. I want to thank everyone that voted for me or against me, and I especially want to thank the football team for trusting me and allowing me to perform in games with them,” said Lee.

Both Chaffin and Lee have showcased their talents and commitment to their teams, earning recognition for their performances, setting the standard for excellence in Ferrum Athletics.