DJ Night fills Panther’s Den

It was a frenzied night of friends, smiles, fun, and dancing at the DJ Party in the Panthers Den.
It was a frenzied night of friends, smiles, fun, and dancing at the DJ Party in the Panther’s Den.
Hannah Huffman

It was a sunny Saturday March 16.

Anticipation hung in the air for the DJ Party in the Panther’s Den to begin at 9 p.m.

Alfredo Able-Rivera, a sophomore, eagerly awaited the event.

“It is a good time to have some fun, you know. Now that our (basketball) season is over, I have some free time and looking forward to having some fun,” Able-Rivera said.

On the weekend, most students use the time to go back home and visit families or take trips that would usually take longer than the amount of time a weekday could provide. However, when a DJ party is on the docket, many students decide to skip their trip to make sure they are in attendance.

Once the clock struck nine, it was time to dance.

Students began to fill in one by one, small group by small group until the Den was crowded full of students.

“My friends wanted to enjoy our weekend because we had a busy school week,” Aby Darne, freshman, said.

Sterling Charles, a sophomore was excited about the weekend and was ready for a night of dancing.

“There always seems to be a moment where it seems like everyone is in there dancing and singing at the same time,”Charles said.

Students moved in synchronization when the DJ played “The Cupid Shuffle”.

The DJ played a combination of new and trendy songs and old classics that seemed to get the students up and dancing.

By the end of the night, folks were smiling from ear to ear.

Some were full of sweat from dancing, and others were leaving–hugging new friends they made.