Gentry Locke Spring Speaker Series to Focus on A.I.

Gentry Lockes Spring Presentation Hosts and Speakers will be speaking on the subject of Artificial Intelligence.
Gentry Locke’s Spring Presentation Hosts and Speakers will be speaking on the subject of Artificial Intelligence.
Courtesy of Gentry Locke

Gentry Locke Law Firm is teaming up with Ferrum College to host the Gentry Locke Speaker Series April 10.

The spring presentation will have a panel of multiple speakers with the focus on Artificial Intelligence and its impact on industry, the future of jobs, and what higher education needs to consider as it prepares the students of today and tomorrow.

The panel of the spring presentation will be hosted by Kevin Walker Holt (Partner at Gentry Locke), and Jessiah Hulle (Associate at Gentry Locke).

The speakers for the day will be Joshua Fairfield (William Donald Bain Family Professor of Law and Director of Artificial Intelligence Legal Innovation Strategy at Washington and Lee University School of Law), Katherine Martin (Chief A.I. Engineer at Booz Allen), and Laura Hodges Sprouse (COO, Incoming CEO and Partner at Brown Edwards CPAs).

“I am delighted to host the Gentry Locke Speaker Series aimed at exploring the frontiers of artificial intelligence and its transformative impact on our world,” President Mirta Martin said. “By hosting leading experts and innovators in Artificial Intelligence, we aim to ignite curiosity, spark dialogue, and inspire the next generation of thought leaders in this rapidly evolving field.  This initiative reflects our commitment to fostering intellectual curiosity, promoting dialogue, and enriching the educational experience for our students, faculty, staff, and community.”

The day will begin with a classroom appearance from 9-11 a.m.

From 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Katherine Martin and Joshua Fairfield will be in the Panthers Den for Inquiring Minds answering the question: Is A.I. Coming for My Job?

Another classroom appearance will be held from 1:30-3:30 p.m. before the faculty discussion from 4-5 p.m.

The faculty discussion will be hosted by Hulle and Kevin Holt, with speakers Fairfield and Katherine Martin in the Panther’s Den.

The discussion will cover A.I.’s impact on pedagogy, the philosophy of education, and the future of workforce preparation.

Fairfield, Katherine Matin, and Laura Sprouse will be in the Blue Ridge Mountain Room from 7-8:30 p.m. for the public presentation and panel discussion: Demystifying A.I.: The Truth… a Terrible and Terrific Future with A.I.

The day will end with desert and coffee reception from 8:30-9 p.m.