Norton Outdoors Announces Activities for the Week

Courtesy Photo

From left, Dan Caston, Associate Professor of Recreation and Leadership; Aaron Connover, Director of Norton Outdoor Adventures; and Chris Mayer, Associate Professor of Recreation and Leadership, promote weekly activities for Norton Outdoors.

Compiled by Staff

Norton Outdoors has announced this week’s activities.

Campus Trail Walk

Tues., Sept. 13, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.

Come out and explore some of the trails on campus. Wear some sturdy shoes to walk in and bring a reusable water bottle, maybe a snack and book bag to carry any personal items in. Meet in front of the Fitness Center Free! No Registration Required!

Hooked on Fishing

Tues., Sept. 13, 6 p.m.-7 p.m.

Get hooked on fishing, or maybe you already are. Bring your rod and tackle, or we will have equipment for both spin and fly fishing.

Meet at the Gazebo at Adams Lake that is below the library.

Free Program! No Registration Required!

Philpott Lake Paddle

Wed., Sept. 14, 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m.

We will be going out to Philpott Lake to do some canoeing. Transportation, instruction and equipment is provided.
FREE!An informational email will be sent out prior to the event.Register Here by Tuesday Noon 9/13

Disc Golf

Thurs., Sept. 15, 6 p.m.-7 p.m.

Meet at the practice tee next to the Tennis Courts

Disc Golf is great exercise and fun. Discs and Instruction provided if needed.

Free! No Registration Required!

James River Kayak Trip

Sun., September 18⋅9:00am – 6:00pm

Spend some time on the river kayaking on this fun and moderate stretch of river from Buchanan to Arcadia, VA. Some rapids and scenery make this a great float.  Transportation, equipment, instruction and lunch provided.

A detailed personal item list and where to meet will be sent prior to the event. Cost is $15.00. Register Here  by Noon Fri., Sept. 16.

The Norton Outdoor Adventures is located at the Fitness Center on campus. Hours are M-F 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Call or 540-365-4324 for more info or email [email protected]