The Magi Come to Campus

Eric Vanden Eykel holds a book talk for his recent publication

Religion Professor Eric Vanden Eykel speaks to a group in the Panther’s Den about his book The Magi.

Lindsey M. Foster, Editor

The Magi came to campus! Well…the book anyway.

Eric Vanden Eykel, Associate Professor of Religion, presented his new book The Magi: Who They Were, How They’ve Been Remembered, and Why They Still Fascinate on Nov. 14. with a book signing.

“I was thrilled that so many people came out to hear me talk about the book and get their copies signed,” Vanden Eykel said.

The event was hosted by Jason Powell, Dean of the School of Undergraduate Studies, and Hailey Turner, Senior Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Undergraduate Studies.

“I was very pleased to see the support for Dr. Vanden Eykel,” Powell said. “The conversation about the writing process and the content of his book was an enjoyable diversion at this stage of the semester.”

Students and faculty who attended the event were eligible to win signed copies.

“I am really happy that I won a copy of the book,” said Kelsey Smith. “I am definitely going to be reading it over winter break!”

To conclude the event, audience members were able to ask Vanden Eykel any questions regarding the book and get their copy of The Magi signed.

A copy of The Magi,  can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Bookshop.org, Christianbook, and IndieBound for purchase.