Homecoming Week Events Scheduled

Th Office of Student Activities has planned an array of events to celebrate Homecoming Week.
Image courtesy of the Office of Student Activities

The Panthers take the field on Oct. 21 for their homecoming game, and in preparation for this, the students have a full week of activities in front of them.

The festivities began today with a Country vs. Country Club dress code and a block party to introduce the homecoming court.

“I am excited to see Ferrum come together as a community,” said  freshman Alexia Piccioni.

Following behind that, Tuesday will see the students dressing in a tropical theme and a homecoming banner-making competition that brings a prize of up to $300 in the Panthers Den at 8 p.m.

“Its nice that the school is giving us this opportunity to be involved with homecoming and be creative and artistic,” said freshman Jordan Nutter.

Wednesday pits barbecue dads against soccer moms for the day’s attire, and a pink-out game as Panther Volleyball takes on Hollins University in Schwartz Gymnasium at 6:30 p.m. where the team hopes for a strong crowd.

“I am looking for a supportive environment; we are playing for a cause today and hope those who need support feel that. We hope that Ferrum volleyball can bring a positive experience for anyone who comes to our matches,” said senior Alex Christoff.

Thursday’s theme is throwback to any decade, and the homecoming court will be announced that night. Hypnotist and comedian Chris Jones will perform in the Blue Ridge Mountain Room starting at 8:30 p.m.

“I really enjoy the retro retire, and I’m definitely going to go check out that guy in the Blue Ridge Room,” stated Jordan Nutter, freshman.

Friday is all about showing Panther Pride and wearing black and gold. Ferrum Fun Friday will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., which showcases a petting zoo, music, and games in the Franklin Hall Quad.

Saturday plays host to the Black Hats taking on the Guilford Quakers in a pink-out football game at 3:30 p.m., and a glow-in-the dark DJ party will close out the busy week in the Panthers Den at 9 p.m.

“I love the fact that the school is willing to put so much effort into the students by providing all these activities,” concluded Piccioni.