Winter Break Shuttle Transportation Offered

Student Activities encourages pre-planning

Courtesy Photo

The Ferrum Express is a free service offered to students.

Compiled by Staff

Winter Break is just around the corner and the Office of Student Activities encourages everyone to make travel arrangements ahead of time to avoid last-minute stress and complications.

There are always students looking for rides, and they’re often able to give some gas money.

Anyone able to help a fellow student out with a ride is encouraged to please stop by the Office of Student Life & Engagement in lower Franklin Hall to sign up. There is a list available for students to sign up who need a ride or who are willing to give a ride to the areas:

NOVA/DC
Tidewater/757
Richmond
Georgia/Florida
North Carolina
Southwest Virginia

The college is offering shuttle service to Roanoke at the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, the Amtrak Train Station, the Greyhound Bus Station, and to Greensboro at the Piedmont Triad International Airport. The office strongly encourages using the Roanoke area transportation stations.

Please note, the college will ONLY provide transportation to the Roanoke area and Greensboro PTI airport Mon.-Wed., November 21-23. Shuttles will leave campus at 4 a.m. for Greensboro and 5 a.m. for Roanoke. Riders may need to wait for flights at the airport, buses at the bus station, or trains at the train station, as these are the only times the shuttles will be running and available. Please plan accordingly.

*Destination times may be adjusted pending the scheduled departure times. Please use the scheduled times as a guide.

To sign up for the shuttle, please visit the Panther Connect (Presence) and look under FORMS for Student Break Transportation and fill out the form with your information.